Oh boy do I have a good soup for you guys!
I stumbled upon this little gem on keyingredient.com while browsing Pinterest the other day.
We made a few modifications based on taste and what was easily accessible for us.
It was delicious.
Crock Pot Lasagna Soup
1 28-oz can diced tomatoes
1 6 oz can tomato paste
3 cups chicken broth (we used 2 cups chicken and 1 cup beef because we ran out of chicken broth)
1 lb ground turkey, cooked on stove with olive oil, salt, and pepper
5 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp dried parsley
1 tbsp dried basil
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 cups any variety spaghetti sauce (we used roasted garlic sauce from Trader Joe’s)
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 cup water
1 package orechiette pasta
shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Mix diced tomatoes, and tomato paste in crock pot.
2. Add broth, ground turkey, garlic, parsley, basil, onion, 1 cup spaghetti sauce, and salt/pepper.
3. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or on high for 4-5 hours.
4. When 30 minutes are left of cook time, add in remaining 1 cup spaghetti sauce, 1 cup of water, and pasta. Stir to combine. Continue cooking on high for 30 minutes.
5. When ready to serve, top with shredded mozzarella cheese.
Oh but guess what? That’s not all. On the side we had roasted green beans with fresh parmesan cheese.
Oh sorry. A close up? Well, ok.
Roasted Green Beans with Parmesan Cheese
1 lb green beans, washed, trimmed, and cut
salt and pepper
freshly grated parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400
2. Combine green beans, olive oil, salt, and pepper in large ziploc bag. Shake until all pieces are coated. Let green beans sit in bag for as long as desired (the longer they sit, the better the flavor).
3. Spread green beans on baking pan. Roast for 20 minutes or until soft but not mushy.
4. Remove from oven and top with freshly grated parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
Edited to Add: I’m sharing this recipe in the Pantry Party! Go check it out!